This post will cover how to Link Facebook Managed Page to your Twitter Feed. There are assumptions that will be made in this exercise. There are also some prerequisites that you need to be aware of.
Assumptions in this exercise.
- That you have an existing Facebook Managed ‘Fan’ Page.
- That you have created and configured a Twitter account relating to your Facebook Page.
Prerequisites – Things to do before starting.
By following the sequence below you will save yourself a lot of time and headaches.
- Ensure that you have logged into the Twitter account that you wish to link to. This sounds counter intuitive, but it is wise.
- Double check the name of the Facebook Managed Page that you wish to link to. Ensure that it has been Published.
Link Facebook Managed Page to your Twitter Feed.
Navigate to the(facebook.com).
- Your Facebook Profile.
Double check you are logged into the correct profile page.
- Wrong button!
Selecting this button will link your profile page to the Twitter account. Not what you want to do.
- Locate the Managed Page you wish to link to.
Ensure that it is the correct Published Page that you wish to link.
- Link to Twitter button.
Click this button to link to your Twitter account.
- Triple check that this is the correct page.
Always be vigilant, it is easy to make mistakes. Check, check and check again.
- Authorise app.
Click this blue button to allow Facebook to post to your selected Twitter account.
All being well.
You should see an intermediary page stating that you are being redirected back to Facebook. This means Twitter has accepted your request.
- Edit Settings link.
Click this link to view your post options.
- Unlink from Twitter.
Click this link to remove the link to Twitter.
- Edit Settings Options.
Select the options that you would like to include in your feed to Twitter.
That’s it! happy tweeting.