This post will cover how to Create and Share Google Drive Folder. There are assumptions that will be made in this exercise. If none apply to you or are of no interest then please read on. It was intended for a specific client, however the overall aims should be of interest to a larger audience.
- That you have a Google account.
- That you have configured your Gmail account.
Login to your Gmail account.
- Click the icon in the top right corner.
- From the dropdown menu select the Drive icon.
If you cannot immediately see the Drive icon click the More link at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
Create and Share Google Drive Folder.
The resulting page is your Google Drive repository.
- Click the red NEW button.
- From the dropdown menu select the Folder option.
In the New folder popup window.
- Enter an appropriate name for your new folder.
- Click the blue Create button.
Upload files you wish to share.
Your newly created folder is now ready for you to upload files. Double click the folder name to enter.
- Drag and Drop the files you wish to add by dropping them as indicated in the graphic. It’s that simple!
Wait for the files to finish uploading.
How to share the folder with other people.
You will need to know their email address, this is the method by which they will be informed of the folders location.
- Right Click on your new folder.
- From the dropdown menu select the Share… option.
- Add an address of a person you wish to share the folder with.
- Add more people by filling in their email addresses.
Users level of access.
By clicking the Can edit menu the dropdown has 2 choices.
- Can edit means they can add/delete/edit files in the folder.
- Can view means that they can only view the files.
- Make your choice of edit level you wish all the users to have. If you wish different levels for different people. Repeat the process for each invidual.
- Write some explanatory text that will be in the email that Google send. the mail will also contain a unique URL. That URL will allow your users access to your new folder.
- Click the red Send button.